A 16-hour, practical, scenario-based course designed as an introduction to first aid in an outdoor or remote environment. The Trainer will use a mixture of outdoor scenarios to simulate injuries found in a variety of outdoor incidents. During these scenarios, you experience being a first responder and a casualty giving a more rounded learning experience.
Subjects relevant to your individual need can be added upon request.
The content will include:
– Aims and Principles of First Aid, Safety, Infection Avoidance
– Incident Management, Assessing and Managing Your Casualty in The Outdoors
– Unresponsive Casualties, Basic Life Support and CPR, Recovery Position, Seizures, Choking, Drowning
– External Bleeding, Shock, Minor Injuries (Geared Towards a Remote Environment)
– Injuries to Bones, Muscles and Joints
– Head and Spinal Injuries, Chest Injuries
– Tick-Borne Infection
– Medical Emergencies
– Cold Injuries Including Hypothermia – Other Outdoor Environmental Hazards, Hyperthermia
– First Aid Kits
There is a continuous assessment throughout the course.
We train candidates to be safe, confident responders – No previous first aid experience is required.
Suitable for outdoor professionals looking for an NGB recognised certificate and for outdoor enthusiasts looking to equip themselves for their chosen activities. Recognised by all UK National Governing Body Awards.
Successful candidates are issued with a BASP certificate valid for 3 years. You can revalidate this qualification by repeating the course.
2 day course
+44 (0) 1540 651 272
Get in touch with us if you'd like more details on this activity or to arrange group bookings and more!
Loch Insh, Kincraig, Kingussie, Inverness-shire, PH21 1NU
© 2023 Loch Insh Outdoor Centre. All rights reserved.